Thursday, March 24, 2016

Week 9 Reading Diary: Chitra


Chitra was born as a girl to a family who had a boon from lord Shiva to have a son in every generation. Chitra then decided to live her life as a man. She didn’t know any of what women’s did. This is a drama that has Madana, Vasanta and Arjuna as its characters. Chitra had always heard about Arjuna and his strength. She was dressed in a warrior dress when she mets Arjuna and fells in live with her. Arjuna goes on denying her and vanishes in front of her eyes. She then tells this story to Madana and Vasanta. She asks for a day of a feminism in her. Instead they grant her a year of beauty. The next time Arjuna meets Chitra, he falls in love with her. He would give up his 12 years of vow of chastity. They share private time together. Chitra after realizing who she is runs away from Arjuna the next morning after she realizes what she did to Arjuna. I really like this part of the story. This makes me think about many things that I desire in this life and sometimes I change myself, my true self and adjust with certain situation just to be able to acquire it. It is good in a sense that I can be proud of it but I think it is wrong now. You should always be you and get things done. Chitra in this story should have stayed in her own true self and then approached Arjuna.


Be you
Source: Link
Story author: Rabindranath Tagore
Source: Link

No comments:

Post a Comment