Thursday, February 25, 2016

Week 6 Growth Mindset: Dealing with anxiety


Talking more about growth mindset for this week, I would like to share something I have been working on. I struggle with anxiety most of my days. Specially being a college student has put more pressure and sometimes it gets too overwhelming. It is hard for me to stay calm in an environment where there is always something going on. I get anxious when I am around too many people like in class, while working in computer labs or even when I am in a movie hall. It feels like I am being trapped and desperate to get out. Now being a college student, going to classes and working with people is something I have to do. I have slowly accepted this fact and my anxiety is getting better. I have realized the fact that ‘it is all in our head’. We need to keep control of our mind and not overthink the situation. It is in your hands to take control of situations and your mind and do what is best for you.

confidence
Source: Link

1 comment:

  1. Shristi, I happened to notice your post go by, and I wanted to thank you for sharing that, and also to congratulate you on finding you way forward! The graphic you included is really great, and I am going to go put that in the Learn by H.E.A.R.T. blog. I am sure there will be other people in class who will really appreciate seeing that. Here is a fun fact: the word "courage" comes from the word "heart" (cor is the Latin word for "heart"), so finding courage is perfect for the Learn by H.E.A.R.T. idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete